Vinkona 2020PÖKKI Sweet Pack – The All-Things-Good Pack
Our Sweet Gift includes:
(1) Ponnukokur Pan 9.5″ (24 cm) Carbon Steel rivetless design made in France.
(1) Nordur Salt Arctic Sea Salt Flakes – Imported from Iceland Box 250 g
(5) OMNOM Chocolate Bars – Award-Winning ‘Bean to Bar’ Organic Chocolate Imported from Reykjavik 60g Each
- Superchocoberrybarleynibblynuttylicious – Dark chocolate sprinkled with cranberries, salted almonds, puffed barley, and cacao nibs
- Sea Salted Almonds + Milk – Taste notes of Almond, Salt, Berry
- Caramel + Milk – Taste Notes of Caramel, Fudge, Rainbow
- Coffee + Milk – Taste Notes of Coffee, Popcorn, Waffle
- Lakkrís + Raspberry – Taste Notes of Liquorice, Raspberry, Salt
– Recipes and a Customized Gift Card
About the Ponnukokur Pan:
The low profile rim allows for ease of spreading batter and flipping ponnukokur. The long angled handle is elegantly functional. This is a professional restaurant grade pan. It’s half the weight of cast iron, handles high heat, is durable, and simple to use, clean, and maintain.
- 9.5″ (24 cm), Diameter, 7 1/2″ (19 cm) Base Cooking Diameter, 3/4″ (1.9 cm) Height, 17″ (43.5 cm) Long, 2 lb (930 gm.)
- Carbon Steel Pan From De Buyer, France. Makers for almost two centuries.
- Heats up quickly with uniform diffusion of heat.
- Natural non-stick properties with seasoning
The surface of this Ponnukokur Pan is very smooth (a sought after characteristic of cast iron), and behaves like a non-stick pan. No toxic non-stick manufactured surface to worry about breaking down over time. The surface of this pan just keeps getting better.
Season before first use and oil occasionally to maintain the seasoning. Seasoning develops over time. (Carbon Steel will rust if you leave it bare.) Clean only with hot water or wipe with a paper towel, no detergent.
Do you know that the first pancake is usually not good because the pan has not been brought up to an even temperature? Take the time to slowly heat up the pan for perfect Ponnukokur!
Simple instructions to season and maintain your pan:
- Before first use wash the pan with hot water (no detergent).
- Dry the pan with a paper towel.
- Apply enough oil to lightly coat the pan. Heat in the oven or on the stove until smoke starts to appear. Discard the oil.
- Repeat occasionally.
- With use, the seasoning will build up and the non-stick qualities will increase.
- To speed up this process, you can cook potato peel with salt and oil in the pan, in the oven.
Avoid using soap to wash the pan. Instead, just rub salt with a paper towel onto the pan to remove food. Dry with a paper towel then coat the pan with oil and heat it up until you see smoke. Do not soak the pan in water, or wash it in the dishwasher as these methods may cause rusting of the pan.
Sweet Pönnukökur Recipe:
2 1/2 cup (600 ml) milk (or as needed for a smooth batter)
1 1/4 tbsp butter (melted)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup (225 gm) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or cardamom
Beat the eggs together with the milk. Whisk in melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Add dry ingredients creating a smooth batter. Let batter stand for 30 minutes. Heat and wipe a heavy pan or ponnukokur pan with butter. Pour a small amount of batter (4 tbsp) tipping pan as you pour the batter to cover the pan. This creates a very thin pancake. Cook until the bottom is lightly browned, turn and brown the other side. While warm, sprinkle with sugar (white, brown or both) and roll-up. Traditionally also folded with fresh strawberries or jam and whipped cream. Grate some OMNOM Chocolate and sprinkle together with a few crunchy glittery Nordur Salt Flakes to finish.
Verði þér að góðu! (You’re Welcome!)